> seriously think about.   You mentioned icing the area.  After icing,
> do you not feel the needle going in?  I cringed as I watched that
> needle!

Yes, the gentleman in the video clip is quite good at insertions. He
makes it look very easy. It takes my daughter 5 - 10 minutes most of
the time as she is veeerrrrryy slow about pushing in the set.

Never tried the ice myself. My daughter swears by it and uses it on
the rare occasions she must do a regular injection. Others say that a
cold soda can will do in a pinch if no ice is available. Many with
small kids use a topical anesthetic called EMLA cream. There are a
couple of oral agents (spray or rub on gums)  with similar properties
that apparently work as well and are available over the counter. The
problem with EMLA and clones is that they take 15 - 30 minutes to
take effect while ice only takes 3 - 5 minutes and you can get it
almost anywhere.