email @ redacted writes:

<< both of you should get samples of Silohettes/Tenders/Comfort sets for
 you kids. Many parents of small children as well as small adults
 find these sets comfortable and not prone to the problems you
 mention. Any of the pump suppliers will gladly send you a couple of
 freebies to try. Make sure and numb the area with ice for about 3-5
 minutes before doing the insertion. There is are instructions and a
 video clip on the FAQ page of the web site.
 email @ redacted >>

   Thanks Michael.  I watched the video clip. You gave me something to
seriously think about.   You mentioned icing the area.  After icing, do you
not feel the needle going in?  I cringed as I watched that needle!