Re: [IP] Question re pumping while on a white water raft trip

 Could someone please give my husband some advice?  He is new to the pump and
 will be going white water rafting on the Deep Gorge River in Fayetteville,
 WV next Saturday and had some questions.

Laurel, when I went whitewater rafting this summer it was my first experience
with having the pump on and underwater for a while.  I always take it off
during the shower and when I swim for an hour, but since the trip was for
more than an hour I didn't feel comfortable just taking it off.  I have a
Disetronic, so I just put the red tappet on and decreased my basal rate to
80%.  The water here in Colorado was fairly tame at that time of year
(August), which I didn't expect, so I had to adjust my basal rate back to
90%, but this worked great for me.  I gave my boyfriend some glucose tabs and
gel to keep in case I didn't see a reaction coming on and kept some stuff in
my pockets as well.  It was a great experience for me--not only my first
whitewater rafting trip but proof that they weren't kidding, my pump is
waterproof!  I hope he has fun!