[IP] Early am high followed by low

I have a question to ask the group.  I have been having regular highs in
the middle of the night.  I will test anywhere from 2 to 3:30 am and I
have been regularly running in the high 200's to low 300's.  I will do
an appropriate high sugar bolus and when I test again at 5:45 I will be
in the 40 to 50's.  My question is should I have my basal increase start
at 2 instead of 3 am.  On the mornings that I don't test in the early
hours, I will be between 120 and 100 when I wake up.  I do a small
increase from midnight until 3 am.  Then I do my big increase from 3 to
9 am.  This has me stumped.  My basals are set good and my A1C's run
from 5.8 to 6.2  I appreciate any ideas that you might have.