Re: [IP] Are we more prone to boils and absecets...

In my opinion, this is the kind of thing doctors say, and you have to ask questions to see what it is exactly s/he means.  Higher average blood sugar encourages bacteria to grow wherever they get hold, and diabetics have a higher incidence of infections of all kinds because of that.  On the other hand, there may be stuff (antibiotics, etc.) you can do to help keep this from happening again.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that people without diabetes get boils and abscesses too.  So try to pin the doctor down on whether he was just meaning general information, or if there are steps you can take to make this less likely to recur.  Sometimes you need to get a little assertive to get the information you really need.
More sugar in your blood is a fact of diabetic life, at least when the site's not absorbing properly.  So find out what you can do to keep yourself out of pain!
I sympathize with you.  I had something similar about 20 years ago, but it happened once and didn't come back again.  I'm still diabetic, so go figure :)
Take what's useful and ignore the rest.  YMMV and so may your doctor.
Kathy Trondsen