[IP] white water rafting

I rafted on the Lehigh river in PA in September two years ago, and wore my
MNMD 507 throughout,  I wrapped it in a baggie and a plastic shopping bag,
then tucked the bundle it in my shorts uner my life preserver, and left it
there.  I kept my meter and dex tabs in the cooler, which was tied shut and
tied down to the boat, so they were completley inaccessible.  I tested
several times in the morning before I got in the boat to make sure I was
holding steady, and again when we stopped for lunch, bolused very
conservatively for lunch and tested before i got back in after lunch.
Despite the heavy rowing we did (low water flow), I was a little high at the
end, but I had been JETTISONED from the boat after lunch - thought my life
was gonna end - hit a rock that left a dent on my body - good thing i didnt
land on the pump...Funny thing was, I was almost more concerned about my
pressssshhhhhuuuuusssss being ripped from my body than I was about the
possibilty of being crushed against the boulders that were swirling past my
body at what seemed like 150 mph...

It was interesting having the pump...I told my boat members (100% strangers)
I had diabetes and where the dex tabs were, and they were cool, then the
group leader made the announcement that anyone with a medical problem to be
sure and advise them...My boat gorup all turned to look at me like the
expected me to raise my hand in front of all 100 people...I just looked at my
feet. I did tell one of the guys, as I was getting the boat - but didn't want
to make any kind of public announcement, ya know? Didn't get to test much
throughout the day...but hung right around 160-175, which was fine - didn't
want to go low out there! 1 hour of paddling was actually 5 1/2 hours of
paddling, thanks to low water levels

THis time of year, I doubt there wll be that HUGE of rapids...unless they
have just opened a dam...wrap it in a baggie, duct tape it shut so you can
see it still - then you can bolus etc with out taking it out...the MNMD is
water resistant, so if it gets damp dont freak - just dry it off real good.