[IP] Question re pumping while on a white water raft trip

Could someone please give my husband some advice?  He is new to the pump and
will be going white water rafting on the Deep Gorge River in Fayetteville,
WV next Saturday and had some questions.  He was wondering, because of all
the exercise he will be getting, would it be better to take the pump out of
him to avoid going to low and using shots for the duration of the trip
(about 6 hours)????  Or, what would be a good basal rate for extended
periods of exercise?  Does anyone have any experience in this?  He is about
5'11" and 230 pounds, very muscular.  I'm not sure what his current basal
and bolus rate is.

How should he adjust the pump?  Any one have a good formula?  Or any
experience in this?  I would love to hear from you with any suggestions/