Re: [IP] Re: water tight

Fran Baumgartner wrote:

> >When you place the red tappet on the D pump, water cannot enter the pump.
> >I've done it over and over........
> Well I have to pipe in.  I never ever use my red tappet and have never had
> a problem with the pump.  I shower and swim with it on.  I thought the
> tappet was for when you went sucba diving.  I would really contact D and
> get something in writing.

We are in the process of getting a pump for our son. We had dinner with a
Disetronic rep the other night and he told us that the pump is water proof
without the cover for the insulin reservoir. All the cover does is keep water
out of the hole where the insulin reservoir goes. If you don't put the cover
on, all it will do is get water between the reservoir and the case. It will
not get water in the pump as the pump is completely sealed.

(Braving a post to this list once again)

email @ redacted
Homepage ~ http://www.kane-enterprises.net/Allison/
HoJoTalkies ~ http://www.kane-enterprises.net/HoJoTalkies/
If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
-- Mother Teresa

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Get your hands dirty, get a little insane,
come out and play with me, barefoot in the rain.
--Howard Jones