[IP] Re: new insulin from lily

email @ redacted writes:

<< It follows the same deal as 70/30, which in my opinion was created for the
 person in a long term care facility.  It is given twice a day by the staff
 and the patient is given fixed meals and snacks.
 It is also used for the person with less mental accuity at home.  While this
 insulin may be beneficial to these situs, it isn't for pumpers and those of
 a higher intelligence who have mastered the adjustments of carb counting and
 insulin dosages.
I had a diabetic friend who was on the 70/30 stuff while he was waitng for a
kidney transplant.  The diabetes had killed his kidneys and his dr still
didn't have him on my aggressive therapy.  I never did understand that.  He
got an infection after the kidney transplant last spring and because of the
diabetes didn't survive.  Made me very sad, a really neat person.
I have a very low opinion of mixed insulins.

    There's nothing stronger than gentleness.
                                              -- John Wooden