[IP] Re: water tight

email @ redacted writes:

<<   I use a Disetronic V-100 pump and have had excellent rersults with it.
 I have this phobia about getting it wet though and have NEVEr worn it in the
 shower or even had a single drop of water on it. I know they claim it is
 water tight, but.....I don't know. I will soon be taking Scuba Diving
 lessons and will ofcourse later be diving once I am certified. Does anyone
 know the TRUE limits of this device? Is it REALLY water proof? How deep can
 it go? Please...any insight on this will be greatly appreciated.
I've worn mine in the shower and swimming.
I was told it's safe to 20 ft but not to scuba dive with it.
Mine is really water proof as long as everything is tight,
the batteries, the red tappet, etc.

    There's nothing stronger than gentleness.
                                              -- John Wooden