[IP] Control of diabetes Long maybe too long

Darlene wrote about Kap's problems with diabetes and the lack of ability to
control it. I think that the issue of control is what is what frustrates us
all. There is nothing more frustrating to folks then to acquire an illness
which no one can tell us why we got it. It is bad enough to get an illness
no one undertstands. When that illness causes other medical problems many
of them life threatening or at best so disrupting to life one cannot simply
ignore them. It is maddning to have spent your entire life acquiring
language, knowledge and skills to prepare for a profession only to develop
a deterioration in the ability to deliver the knowledge effectively or
efficiently enough. I not only include diabetes here but multiple sclerosis
and Parkinson's disease as well as a host of other illnesses. Since these
diseases are poorly understood and of occult origin They make the people
who live with them miserable and often their families feel that they should
have done something more or less. Guilt is a powerful emotion. For a parent
It is made worse when a sibling has the same illness as if it was
genetically passed on. Or some event which ocurred during pregnancy caused
it. Frequently we become angry about the events and that results in
depression which is masked anger. The important thing to keep in mind is
that we are all vulnerable to the unfair events that occur in the  mish
mash of life. Our genetics can be messed up so that we get these things and
there is no explanation which will serve to make us feel better about it. I
don't know why mothers and fathers have to see their kids subjected to
diabetes. It s certainly not an enjoyable position for a parent to be in.
Fortunately, my parents didn't see this but, had they been in that position
they would have not enjoyed it either but they would get thru it. Some
families are so stressed that they break up. Others do go on.Often the
child is plagued by guilt, realizing the stress their illness has placed on
the family. This is stuff the public has no exposure to. It is beyond the
ability of Mr and Mrs. Average America to understand a sick child.Now,
Muscular dystrophy is understood better than it was 20 years ago but that
doen't make it less lethal or disabling. We all want our cildren to grow up
happy and healty and some of us even would like our kids to marry and
perpetuate our families. We all pray for tem to be happy and healthy. When
diabetes come into th picture it can be a wet blnket for many families. We
dont uderstand it, why it has be such a pimple on the face of society or on
 the butt of progress but we all must deal with it. No, Darlene, you are
right we can't control it or make it go away. I apoligize for my earlier
technical answer. Spot.