[IP] will i be able to pump?

hi all!
i do not have my pump yet, but i did get the book "pumping insulin' 3rd
edition and have been reading it.
now i'm worried. i have only been diagnosed a little over a month now, any
my tdd is barely 16 units (sometimes 14) on 4 injections a day. i'm 5'3''
and gained 10 lbs in the past month (hope that stops!) which puts me at 107
lbs. according to the book i'd have some ridiculously low basil setting
like.2-.3 an hour. i keep reading where some pumpers have problems with
their pumps at such a low setting. plus i keep thinking what if i need even
less tdd like the book says i might!
my question, should i hold off pumping?? minimed called and said it should
be shipping next week-i already did all the insurance and dr stuff.
 what do you all think? anybody else on such small amounts?
leann marcucci
email @ redacted
dx 8/1/00