Re: [IP] New insulin from Lily-A Completly Different Opinion

Hi All,
I've been watching this thread for the last day or so and I would like to
offer a completly different opinion about 'Mixed Insulins'.

First, let me say that I respect you all and do not mean to affend any one
of you with my comments.  I have NO desire to start a flame war over this or
any other issue raised for discussion on this list.  Now that that is out of
the way.

I find promotion of 'suboptimal' treatment offensive.  However, I do not
believe that Mixed Insulins have anything to do with this.  Yes, they are
convenient for both the DM'r and the MD.  However to assume that this is not
the appropriate protocol for a patient is wrong.

Treatment of DM, as we all know, is a complicated art (at best).  I think
that we also know that the only person we can change in this world, is
ourselves.  Any treatment that can improve a DM'r life should be appluaded.

Please remember, Lily and Novo-Nordisk are respnding to, and producing for a
Global Market.  If Mixed Insulins help the control of DM, then lets use
them!  The treatment of DM as experienced by those of us in the 'west' is by
no means Universal.  Pumping, MDI, Intensive Bg testing, just do not exist
all over the world.

While we lucky few have the means and the desire for successful Pumping,
Mixed Insulin may offer a huge improvement in control and quality of life to
individuals not so lucky.

This is just my .02 cents, wishing you all, all the best.