Re: [IP] Rev. Randall Winchester's comments

I really appreciated RRW's comments.  One thought I might add re: children
whose parents are diabetic.

I believe my son is learning compassion in living with me.  It is a fine
line, and I work very hard to be very positive.  I believe he has learned
tolerance, in that if he sees a person who looks "different" and asks me
about it I can explain that a lot of people have parts of them that are
"broken," just some you can see and some you can't. I explain to him that the
cells that make insulin are "broken" inside of me, and that is why the pump
allows me to stay healthy.  Also, when I am moody, (diabetes related) I
always explain, after I'm stable, that he is not the cause of the bad mood,
etc.  So far so good.  Also, I try to look at the times he has gotten me some
oj or gotten my husband to help me, he learns compassion.  It's not easy, and
I pray that I am doing the best for him that I can.