[IP] Reusing Insulin

It's really simple, leave the cap and tubing on the cartridge and attach the
plunger and pull the insulin out of the tube (same way that you pull it out of
the bottle).  Before doing this I either disconnect (or cut) the infusion set
from the end of the tube.

Sometimes I just add more insulin to what was left; other times I put the
needle back on the cartridge and add the "old" insulin back into a "recycle"
insulin bottle.

Jim S. Answering Jackie Pearse's posr.
Some of use mixed insulin and dont want to put it back in th bottle. I
suggest you use the recovered insulin to prime the new tubing. you can
reduce the chance if infection. Sot and Christine