[IP] Re: reservoir and tubing change

> From: "Nancy and Howie"
> I believe that you could put the needle back on
> the old reservoir and take the needle off of the new reservoir and then
> inject the remaining insulin into the new reservoir by putting the needle
> from the old one into the opening of the new reservoir ( I hope that you
> could understand that).  Anyway, I don't think that it is a good idea to
> the insulin back into the vial.  to  me that is just another way to
> contaminate the insulin and cause problem such as high sugars and
> at the insertion site.

I agree with you, Nancy, but on the second half. I do it the opposite way
you described on the first half. I have the reservoir needle on the new
reservoir, and stick it into the hole of the needleless old one. Then I can
withdraw that insulin to add to the already withdrawn new insulin. Did
anyone understand that? ;-)  Pushing all the insulin out into a vial still
leaves some in the reservoir. The neck where the luer lock attaches holds
about 20 units.