Re: [IP] Cartridge change

   While reading this tread about set changes, I found what Todd said about
the MM holding up to 300 units to be very informative to me as I have always
change the complete reservoir and tubing.  I just put in 150 units and that
will give me 5 or 6 days and I also use up all the insulin. This has worked
quite well for me.  I think the three day rule is for our protection from
infection and absorption problems at the sites. That may be the reason they
do recommend a three day site change.  I fill the reservoir to meet the 5 or
6 days with that amount of insulin. I change when the insulin is out and
make a complete set change with all the tubing and sofset in place.   My
mode of operation  never gives me much time to waste the insulin.   This way
I have never had to throw away any insulin yet.  This may not work for
others--just found this changing site quite easy for me. I have always found
the posts to be very informative and have told the pumpers in our group
about this site.

email @ redacted
Type I for 44 years
Began pumping w/MM 507C 8/31/99