Re: [IP] Tape

At 09:48 AM 9/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I know this question has been asked before, but, I did not personally
>need the info at the time because my son is not expected to be on the
>pump until late fall / early winter.  However, a friend of mine is
>having problems removing the tape from her son.  What is the best
>product she can use to remove the tape.
>Mom to Andrew 4 y/o (dxd 14 mos)

Howdy Lisa!
	I have had pretty good luck removing the tape using Baby Oil!  Just put a
little around the edge of the tape, and as you peel the tape SLOWLY, keep
rubbing a little more oil where the tape and skin are still in contact.
The tape still sticks, but as soon as the oil hits it, it releases pretty
fast.  Don't try the "rip off" method as you will damage the skin and IT
WILL HURT! (OUCH).  Alcohol (sp) dries out your skin and makes the tape a
gooy mess.  After the tape is off, try and remove as much of the Baby oil
as you can with a tissue, then I put a dabe of antibiotic cream on the
site, cover with a bandadge (sp), and rub Eucerin skin cream on the rest of
the area that was in contact with the tape.  This helps the skin to remain
soft and cuts down the irritation and itching.
	Hope this helps!  I found this suggestion about a month ago from right
here on this site!  And it seems to work nicely.