[IP] Expired Glucagon

The recent post suggesting a glucogon kit made me realize that I haven't
looked at mine in a while - checked it out, & it has expired.  (I've never
actually had to use it, but my husband has had experience with them, & felt
much better once we got one to have "along for the ride".)  I vaguely
remember someone once talking about taking it to the drugstore when it
expires & exchanging it for a new one...does anyone know if they have to do
this?  I am currently in the process of switching endos (this makes me
temporarily "endo-less"), & my PCP does NOT like to prescribe the
"diabetes-specific" items...so what I'm trying to figure out here is, will I
need a new scrip?  Anyone with info, it would be appreciated!