[IP] Re{Autolet, Autoclix.

I've got both of those early instruments of torture!
The Autolet and the Autoclix.  I think the other name
for the Autolet was "Fingerlet."  I think I've still
got the case that came with it....it was a navy blue
plastic tri-fold thingie that held the Autolet in one
pocket, the platforms in another, and the extra
lancets in the third.

I bought the Autolet when I first began doing blood
glucose checks....it seems like it was 1982, but
perhaps it was as late as 1984.  I didn't have a
meter, but was using the Accuchek test strips and
comparing them to the color chart on the container.

The really amazing thing was that I paid $25 plus
shipping for that Autolet Fingerlet.  It was the only
finger-sticker I ever purchased.  The others were
either freebies, or included with meters.

I still shake my head when I think that I actually
paid for that little widget!!!!   Nowadays, I wouldn't
dream of paying for a meter.  Ah well....live and

~ Janet Marie

Do You Yahoo!?