Pixie [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Is there a long-term onset of LADA? I had a honeymoon of 16
> yrs, in that
> case. I have never been antibody tested and my endo sees no
> need for it as
> I'm now a clearly defined Type 1.

I think one can be functionally type 1 (no endogenous insulin) but
immunologically type 2 in that what started out as insulin resistance and or
failure of the insulin transport system in the muscle and other cells
ultimately results in failure of the beta cells due to fatigue or for other
non-immunological reasons.

And David Dougherty [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> How long did your honeymoon
> period last? How long did orals lower your glucose to
> reasonable levels?

I think I'm just at the end of my honeymoon period -- within the past few
months (which, as you can guess, has been an interesting time adjusting my
basals!).  Glyburide worked for a couple of months.  Rezulin didn't have any
impact on my control.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted