[IP] Reservoir and Tubing changes

Some questions for the old pro's out there:
I was told to change my softset every three days.  Does anyone have any
opinions on that?  If you leave it in longer, do you face more chances of
infection or pain?  If you have insulin left in your reservoir when you change
sets, but not enough, do you ever mix new insulin with old?  Or do you just
throw out the old reservoir with some insulin in it?  I wonder because, say I
fill up my reservoir with more than I need, then end up having to change my
set after only one day or so because of an absortion problem.  Should I throw
out what is left?  Can I add more too it?  When I only have about 30-40 units
left, should I just wait to change it if it is inconvenient, or can I add
more? Does anyone try to save the insulin that is in the tubing?  I don't want
to be gross or unsanitary, but I'm in debt, here. I've been playing by the
"rules" so far. Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this!

Sherry C.
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Hating to throw out perfectly good insulin