Thanks Kindra. I will try to find the article you speak of. In my own case,
though I can not prove it, I believe my beta cells were damaged by childhood
polio, acted erratically from that point on until they "conked out" much
later. I have never read of any such connection so it's probably me that's
"all wet". Thanks again.