[IP] GRRRR! (Beating A Dead Horse/Topic)

Everyone:

All I can say about the posts from the Newsweek
article is this: in the beginning, the posts were
about how upsetting the article was for some people.
The more I read, however, the more upset and
frustrated I became. Finally, I began to skip over all
the posts about this subject because I couldn't take
it anymore.

The further and further along these posts have been on
this subject, the more evident it became that flames
were being thrown - flames to Type 1's, flames to Type
2's and flames to ANYONE who was around or cared for a
diabetic.  I began to think this subject was like the
"pump wars" we experience, hate and are annoyed by
whenever they show themselves.  In the future, are we
going to experience the same thing with "diabetes
wars" now, too???????

How can one article split us apart so quickly like
this???  It doesn't matter WHAT diabetes is called; I
don't care if it is Type 1, Type 2, a disease, a
condition, IDDM, NIDDM, the plaque, the best disease
to have in the world, a medical trauma, etc., etc.
Even if "diabetes" didn't have a name, it wouldn't
change the fact that something in our bodies isn't
working the way it should.  Why should what it is
CALLED determine what is more severe, complex or
frustrating????

All I DO know is this: NO ONE should have to feel like
they are not apart of this list.  I don't care if you
have diabetes or are around a diabetic.  We all are
affected by what we call "diabetes."  Our different
experiences, attitudes and personalities are all what
makes this list so helpful, special, and yes, even
unique.

***I ALSO KNOW IF THIS TYPE OF "DIABETES WARS" HAPPENS
OFTEN, I WON'T BE AROUND TO SHARE IN THIS JOYFUL
SUBJECT.  IT ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING!  AND IF YOU
COULDN'T TELL, I AM ANGRY BY THE "LOVE" THAT HAS BEEN
SHARED LATELY!  ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RE-READ ALL THE
POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT TO FIGURE OUT THAT IF WE CAN'T
BE UNITED IN UNDERSTANDING OTHERS THAT DEAL WITH
DIABETES, THEN HOW CAN WE EXPECT EVERYONE ELSE

DIABETES hugs,

=====
Melissa Collins