Re: [IP] response to Andrea and professional clothes

In a message dated 8/23/00 4:54:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I am the social worker at an
 elementary school and it is not always easy to stop and explain the pump to
 the students (which is more likely to happen when I wear the pump on the
 waistband of my pants).   >>

Kap (age 10) gets ?s everyday, think of a 10 year old trying to tell another
child about the pump and diabetes. - DUH - but he will keep on talking until,
they have a very good understanding.    To date since he started pumping he
has  educated - pushed 2 adults and 2 children into pumping.  He says if you
gotta have diabetes - you gotta have a PUMP.  He also told a doctor that I
his loving mom cursed at a doctor to get his pump!  I didnt curse at the
doctor, I said: "I just be dammed if I was going to wait until he was 13 to
get him a PUMP"   Moral of the story, Small children have big ears!!
Darlene - Mom to Kap - age 10 pumping 1/19 - dxd 8/26/98