Re: [IP] pump wish list...gastroparesis question

email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 9/4/2000 11:41:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>
> > Another idea  I had for a good idea for the pump is to have a delayed onset
> >  bolus (in combo with square/dual wave in various combos)  for high protein
> >  meals to start at a later time  (may also be useful for those with
> >  gastroparesis)
> >
> >  Cheryl
> >  aka Mouse
>
> Cheryl...or anyone else who can help....
> First of all I think this is a great idea.  I do have a question about
> gastroparesis.  Is this condition entirely pervasive such that no matter what
> you eat it processes slowly or can it have a sporadic and unexepected course
> (affecting some meals and not others)? Is there a certain point at which it
> is more common for this to affect diabetics (for instance after 10, 20 years?)
> Melysa

Just jumping in here.  I have had GP for over 10 years and diabetes for over 20.
I started with propulsid and it worked wonderfully but...I ended up with a
pacemaker caused by the propulsid.
There seems to be no real reason for mine except a larger meal seems to bring it
on.  Walking on the treadmill helps a lot.
My doctor gave me a prescription for Creon and E-Mycin to help with the problem
and it does work for a while then i have to go off of it for a few days and then
back on.  Sure beats the pain and discomfort of GP.
Lurline