Re: [IP] pump wish list...gastroparesis question

In a message dated 9/4/2000 11:41:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Another idea  I had for a good idea for the pump is to have a delayed onset
>  bolus (in combo with square/dual wave in various combos)  for high protein
>  meals to start at a later time  (may also be useful for those with
>  gastroparesis)
>  Cheryl
>  aka Mouse

Cheryl...or anyone else who can help....
First of all I think this is a great idea.  I do have a question about
gastroparesis.  Is this condition entirely pervasive such that no matter what
you eat it processes slowly or can it have a sporadic and unexepected course
(affecting some meals and not others)? Is there a certain point at which it
is more common for this to affect diabetics (for instance after 10, 20 years?)