Re: [IP] low didn't respond to carbs

This has happened to me as well with little explanation. One answer I have
gotten is it is because that Diabetics (Type I) have no internal way of
maintaining Blood Glucose, up or down. It could also be due to a digestion
problem (the carbs can't get into the system).  A Glucagon emergency kit is
very handy when nothing else works.

> What happened?  Why did she drop so low and WHY didn't ANYTHING work?????
> This has been the most frightening episode for me since we began pumping 2
> years ago.  This is the sort of event that prompted us to get a pump.  We
> would never give it up, but I have had my stress load of the week and don't
> think I can deal with anything else.
> Nita
> Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 2 years & Jarred, 10

Do You Yahoo!?