Re: [IP] low didn't respond to carbs

In a message dated 9/5/00 9:48:16 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< We had a small problem last night that I would like some insight on.
 Jessica ate dinner and had a popsicle afterwards.  Bolused correctly for all
 of it.  This was at 5:30 pm.  At 8:30 she comes to me and tells me she
 doesn't feel good, tests at 45.  >>
This has happened to my son also.  Did Jessica exercise a lot that day?  When
my son exercises a lot, he tends to need no bolusing for dinner otherwise he
goes extremely low about 2 hours after dinner and it does take a long time to
bring it up.  One evening I figured that we also gave him a least 100 grams
of carbs to bring that low up and later his sugars were within normal range!
I thought for sure all that food would catch up with him!  It is very scary
when this happens.  We have gone through too many tubes of instant glucose,
but it tends to bring him up quicker.  Hope this helps.