[IP] diabetes: disease or condition?

Since I called diabetes a disease in my note ("Moms unite") the
other day, and this has now become an issue of debate (though not
necessarily because of my note), I thought I would get out the
dictionary.

According to Webster:
disease - a condition of an organism that impairs normal
physiological functioning.
condition - (informal) a disease or ailment, eg: a heart
condition.

So it appears from this that diabetes is a disease (of the
pancreas) and it is also a (pancreatic) condition.
I don't really care either way (I use both terms), just thought I
would look it up anyway. :)

--
Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children) due 4/12
w/#8