Re: [IP] Kentucky statutes

In a message dated 9/5/00 8:32:52 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< > How old did he have to be to be reliable and capable of learning the
 > care needed to take insulin?
 > Jan and Elvis
 I have no idea about Kentucky, but  I know someone on the list who had the
 same fight with BCBS in a different state was told age 12. >>

Sorry. My point was that children are not reliable and capable enough to
learn the proper care to take insulin -- so their caregivers do it for them.
Same with the pump. It's absurd to withhold a pump from somebody because of
age and ability to do it him/herself, just as it would be absurd to withhold
insulin until a person is old enough to do it him/herself.

Jan and Elvis