[IP] Kentucky statutes

Thanks to all that had suggestions for my son's recent insurance denial.  I
received his official letter from BCBS and their only reason for denial was
that he failed to meet this criteria:  "the patient is reliable and capable
of learning the proper care needed to maintain the pump; and patient
education protocols are documented and emergency support is available when
unexpected adverse events occur."  I found under Kentucky statutes that ALL
diabetic equipment, supplies, etc are to be covered by insurance.  There was
NO mention of having to  be over 4 to receive this coverage.  I know that
BCBS refers to the pump as durable medical equipment so.....my father who
happens to be a judge is preparing a nice little letter for BCBS.  I can't
wait to hear their response!
Thanks everybody!
Mom to Braden, 4
Oh- by the way can anyone tell me what the second part of the criteria means
in English?  Are they trying to tell me that my local hospital is not enough
in case of a pump emergency?  What's up?