Re: [IP] Moms unite

In a message dated 9/4/00 12:38:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< diabetes really stinks.  We are at war -
 with this condition that haunts our every moment, lurks in our nightmares
 and rises to confront us at the most inopportune moment >>

That is the heart of this!!! I  hope we are angry with diabetes... I am!!!

I am tired of feeling guilty & wanting to give more to my son, being tired
and grouchy because of low bg, and knowing that my son/ family does suffer
because of my diabetes. I'll take counting carbs, inserting sets, a sore butt
:), using my handy monitor anyday... but hearing my son cry because he needs
something I can't give him that minute because I'm changing my set, fixing
something, using my monitor, CALLING minimed... Having people in the store
give me a "hand" because I'm testing and percieve that we need help... And
yes... pride aside, I accept help when it is in my son's best interest...

Now... I'm counting to 10 and I know that we are doing well... I just wanted
to vent at diabetes...it stinks for EVERYONE involved with DM, in any and in
every capacity.

Beth (& Oscar)
Mom to Freddie, 21 mo.