Re: [IP] Moms unite

Hi Melysa,

It sounds as if you don't have any children.  The point I was
attempting to make is that most parents  put their children's
happiness and needs ahead of their own.  I made the choice to have
children and I take that decision and responsibility seriously.  With
that decision, I gave up the right to place my needs first.  Don't
think that reduces the value of my life in any way.  On the
contrary...when my kids are well cared for and happy...that's what
makes me happy.  And I have plenty of time left for myself...I am a
part-time graphic designer for a school district and do free-lance
design work out of my home.  I also try to fit in some exercise each
day.  And reading.  And keeping up with two list serves.

Neither of my children are smothered.  They are both very active in
sports programs, Boy Scouts,  school clubs and activities.   Diabetes
has never interfered with that.  My husband and I both encourage and
support most any venture they choose.

As for knowledge...I didn't say our knowledge bases were equal.  What
I said was, after dealing with this disease for two plus years, I
defy anyone to tell me I am not as knowledgeable as most everyone
else at this stage of the game.

Cindy, mom to 13 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping MM since 7/99 and
Micah, age 10