[IP] Re: Administrative procedures, students using insulin pumps

In a message dated 8/30/00 6:30:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< It is obvious that whoever writes these silly regulations has never
 actually watched a BG test and has let their imagination run wild. Unless
 someone has developed some major arteries in their fingertips, a major
 splatter is hard to imagine. I've been blood testing for almost as long as
 home BG tests have been available... never splattered anyone yet.
 It sounds like another school district running scared, until someone's
 lawyer or court sets them straight.
 Sam >>
in about 15 years of testing I've had 2 incidents where the blood spattered
up the wall and made quite a mess.  Still it wasn't a huge amt, just a messy

diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000