[IP] Re: LifeScan InTouch version 1.3.1

I found the problem, which is duly mentioned in the troubleshooting files,
TS-WIN95 / TS-WIN98 / TS-WINNT. It's caused by "non-default" date and time
settings in Control Panel, Regional Options. According to the
troubleshooting files:

"1.2  Control Panel International Date/Time Issues  (Error 5, Illegal
Function Call)
If the international Date/Time Separators are not set to the standard
Windows 95/98/NT defaults, an Error 5 Illegal Function Call may appear.

To correct this problem, under Control Panel, click on Regional Settings,
then click on the Date tab and Time tabs to make sure that your separators
are set to the Windows Default Settings for the language you are using. See
the tables below for the correct default settings..."

As any Windows programmer knows, the date and time settings are
intentionally left to user discretion. It's up to the _program_ to detect
what's being used (via standard API calls) and adapt the presentation
format accordingly. InTouch is outta touch with this and requires certain
settings, which, of course, I wasn't using.

So, to use InTouch, make sure your date and time settings are what the
program has deemed necessary.

InTouch is certainly worth what I paid for it, which is zilch.

regards, Andy