Re: [IP] Disappearance of Dawn Phenomenon/ Gastro Paresis?

Dianne De Mink wrote:

> Greetings-
>
> My dawn phenomenon appears to be going away after 35 years of needing more
> insulin in the mornings.  I've been having a lot of lows.  Also - suddenly
> (this past week) by carb ratio has gone from 1/10 to 1/20 after a week of
> bottoming out all the time.
>
> At first I thought it was my gastro-paresis but this morning I ate (taking
> my black market -LOL- Propulsid) had a smoothie, bolused and my BG have
> remained stable for 6 hours.  It doesn't take THAT long for food to pass
> through does it?  What's going on with gastro folks who can no longer obtain
> Propulsid?  I had nasty side effects from Regla (the only other Gastro drug
> I've heard of)  and although I've no desire to kill myself by taking a
> recalled drug, I've been on it for a few years with no noticeable side
> effects.  Please help.
>
> Love,
> Dianne   Please email me directly, as well as the IP, at
> email @ redacted (I take the digest and often miss posts there.)

You might want to check with your endo or interno about using E-Mycin.  It is
being used rather successfully for a temp replacement until the new drug comes
to us (hopefully soon.)
I am breaking my last supply of Propulsid in half to use and use it only twice a
day a.m. and p.m. Propulsid also gave me a wonderful pacemaker.
Lurline