[IP] Jan's message

well it was certainly not MY intent to alienate or piss off you type 1.5, 2s
and wierds.  nor do I think anyone on the list thinks for one second that you
don't belong here.  This is NOT a type 1 list...it is a pump list.  i think
the crux of the thing is that the article was replete with non facts and
sensationalism and literally glossed over the actual subject of DIABETES and
focused on fat lazy people (some of who really are TYPE 1s!!!!)!  and then of
course, we are all venting OUR opinion, which may not always be the same as
yours, and we are supposed to take that as a given here!

I for one, vote that JAN be appointed to the Newsweek editorial staff to
write the official rebuttal.  she is most certainly the most level headed
(and i say that with love), and the best equipped to express the words we all
want to say.

I actually have to agree with David in a way...the superficial TOP level of
the story was NOT that bad...Diabetes?  on the cover of a national magazine?
talking about types, insulin, diet, exercise, complications...yes, it opened
up a WHOLE can of worms, but that is where WE come in.  Our stupid Aunt
bessies will talk about that "informative article in Newsweek" and we can set
her straight..

Sara SP