Re: [IP] Newsweek and DM "types" -- VENT

 >As a type 2, I'm considering dropping off the site because I don't have
>"gawdawful" form of DM and, although I have DM and am even a pumper, I'm
>beginning to question whether others believe I "belong" here. Never have I
>felt so denigrated.

I know it is in our best interest to promote the cause of Diabetes. We must
never let anything get in our way to educate all people about this disease
and you are doing that and it is wonderful. The lines must be drawn and the
views of all Diabetics be taken in account. For the Diabetic to show what
the disease does and how it can destroy individual's health is most
important.  When we are all done with the disease and its many
complications,  it's how we as a group have fought the battle.  When dealing
with a disease like this,  it's important that we are united in finding a
cure for Diabetes all types.  I'm more outspoken now with the pump than ever
before.   My wife would agree with that statement.  So if you should get off
the list your added input would be greatly missed.

Forgive my long running remarks.

email @ redacted
Type I for 44 years
Began pumping w/MM 507C 8/31/99