[IP] Moms unite

Hello all,

I am on the verge of dropping off this list because I am wondering if all
list members share the sentiment written to me by a fellow list member that
stated that I don't know as much as "they" do because I am not a person with
diabetes myself. I "only take care of a five year old and husband that are
both Type 1..Does everyone here think that I am not a "peer" because I don't
have diabetes?

This person also wrote:
The fact remains
however that when your daughter grows up you will no longer have to be her
caregiver. You may choose to continue to help manage her diabetes but that
is what it will be..  a choice. Your daughter, your husband, and I myself
have no such choice. In all likelihood we will be diabetic until we draw our
last breath.

Does this make my knowledge of diabetes any less? How would you moms respond
to such a person who obviously has no idea what we go through?