[IP] Caregivers, help...

The message below was included to me in a private post from someone on this

"Do I gather that you are not diabetic yourself? If you are not you
should never be so arrogant as to presume yourself a peer with someone who
is diabetic. Phrases like "As you are obviously unaware" and "You are as
guilty as Newsweek is by dismissing Type 1 " ring hollow being directed at a
type 1 diabetic by someone who does not have the disease herself."

This is an attitude I find from some people. Has anyone else ever faced this?
Are the people who take care of children who are diabetic, not entitled to an
equal say in matters concerning the disease? Doesn't what we do matter?
Should I consider myself arrogant because I have learned everything and more
to take care of my child and make sure she has a "normal" life?