[IP] Speaking of Misconceptions

There were many misconceptions that have been on the list today.
Some were written as 'fact',  some were simply "perceived".

Type 1 is worse than Type 2 which is worse than Type 1.5.   Lets
acknowledge that we don't yet know how many "Types" there really
are.  We just know that all of them are sometimes impossible to
control.  Some have an easier/tougher time than others, it really
isn't dependent on "Types".

Type 2 is a result of obesity.  Never met a skinny Type 2?  I have,
and many of them.

Type 2 is easier to control.  Yeah, just like when NPH was known
as the solution for every doctors problems (the non-compliant
diabetic)!  We all have different types of problems and of control.
YMMV and your control may vary from day to day also.

Type 2s don't suffer the same problems that Type 1s have.  Tell
that to the blind Type 2 who just had a leg amputated.  Tell that to
the Type 2 who is hypoing because the NPH has just "kicked in".

Lets remember that we're all in this together.  We have a common
ground in that we believe that pumping insulin is a better practice
than injecting it.  We all seek control, and we all suffer failures.
Let's comfort one another in those failures and exalt with each
other when we do take control!    :>)

George Lovelace
Dxed 1964, Reborn 8/13/98