RE: [IP] reply to David D.--Type 1, Not as COMPLEX??

I am a type 1 diabetic. I too am hypoglycemic unaware, that was why I was
put on the pump. I too check my sugar before getting behind the wheel of a
car. I too have ridden the MDI rollercoaster.

Had you read my post more carefully, and the article in Newsweek as well,
you would have noticed that I did not use the word "complex" to mean
"dangerous" or "hard to control" or "has more complications" or "is harder
to deal with". Neither did the author of the article. It was used in the
sense that at the outset of the disease, please read those last words very
carefully, at the outset of the disease more systems are malfunctioning in
type 2 diabetes than in type 1. This says nothing, absolutely nothing, about
what may happen after months or years with either form of the disease. It
says nothing about how hard it is to control the disease. It says nothing
about one form of the disease being "worse" than the other. These are things
that you have read into the words.

You do not know me. You have read one post and presumed to know that I am
narrow minded. Perhaps if you knew me better you would not feel that way.

I would like to remind you that there are type 2 diabetics on this list. I
am just guessing, but I imagine it will be a while before many of them will
state that fact when and if they post.