[IP] new speak

claudia Kolb should be slapped...DIdnt she read the fine print in the CDC
story that the "evidence" that diabetes was rising was gathered by PHONE
CALL!!!  jeezz louise....like I said when THAT article came out...it is
simply a fact that MORE poeple are AWARE they have it,  has not the whole
campaign of the ADA to bring AWARENESS of diabetes to the whatever whopping
percent of people who HAVE diabetes but don't KNOW it???  So wouldnt you
THINK that in 10 years awareness has increased adn NATURALLY more people KNOW
they have it?  it isn't that more people HAVE it, it is just more people KNOW
they have it.

Plus, people, in this age of "coming out" are more likely to "expose" their
illness than they were 10 years ago.

It was a stupid stupid story.  and she was a stupid stupid journalist to base
HER story on THIS!!!!  ONE kind of diabetes is tied to obesity, if you want
to speak in GENERAL terms, and there is no irrefutable evidence that there
even IS a higher incidence in the disease...CALLING people and asking them?
Even taking a look at medical records will be misleading...cuz more doctors
are becoming enlightened and "discovering" that their long ailing patient
actually has diabetes!

ALL this story does, as did the previous one issued by the CDC, in my
opinion, is make people look at diabetics "IN GENERAL" and shake their heads
as they say, "ya know, if you just got more exercise and lost some weight,
you would probably not need that insulin..."  On a secondary level, it keeps
it in the back of the public's mind that "wow, guess my governemtn really is
addressing some health issues...lookee here at this big ole study they did,"
so people are less apt to PUSH for more funding, more research.."hell,
sweetie, we don't need to spend more money on diabetes research, you just
need to spend less money on oreos!"

This is yet another stupid bandaid put on finding the cure for diabetes..."oh
we have found the CAUSE of diabetes...your inability to control your eating
habits and get off your fat a** isn't OUR problem."  It is time for us to
join hands...Rise up my brothers and sisters, including you type 2s and you
type weird people, and make a noise. Test in public, demand equal time on the
soda dispenser at McDonalds, let your tubings hang where they may, demand
more financial support of research in CURES, not stupid BANDAIDS like

thank you...and good night

Sara SP