RE: [IP] newsweek on line

On 1 Sep 00, at 12:32, David Dougherty wrote:

> I must be missing something. What parts of the story are inaccurate?
>
> David

You're not alone, David.  I wonder if the online article is different from the print?

Quotes from the online article:
---------------------
'  Yet the misperception of diabetes as a relatively benign condition persists.
“The word is not yet out about how serious it is,” says Anne Daly of the
American Diabetes Association. “There’s no diabetes that’s not bad. It’s all
serious.”   '

"  Type 2 is an altogether more complicated disease, a spiraling derangement in
a network of positive and negative feedback loops linking the pancreas, liver
(which stores and releases glucose), muscles, nerves, fat cells and brain (the
only organ capable of deciding not to open a pint of rum-raisin ice cream). "

Both of these statements seem accurate to me.  Firesuit on; Let the flames
begin!

George