Re: [IP] ideas for new pump features

In a message dated 8/31/00 2:27:52 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< email @ redacted wrote:
 > George, how would a pump know which strength insulin it had in it?
 Same way it already does: you program in your insulin strength. It's in
 the setup menu.
 Currently, the MM507C only has settings for U-40, U-50 and U-100; I
 don't know if they can put a setting for U-500 on a pump, but there ARE
 some people who use it, and it would make sense to have that possibility
 there. >>

The reason I asked the question is this: If you use U500 instead of U100 --
just change your ratios. For example, if you use 5 units to cover 10 grams of
CHO, then you would just use 1 unit to cover 10 grams of CHO.

My point is, why would you NEED to re-program your pump? Just re-figure your

Jan and Elvis