Re: [IP] Re: Newsweek's Cover story for Sept 4

In a message dated 9/1/00 1:50:31 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< They also advise,
 "luckily it is not on the rise"! Maybe they should
 speak with some of the recent Dx'd members on this
 list. They unbelievable state that T-2 is an
 'altogether more complicated disease' , >>

I read the Newsweek article on Diabetes last night and also felt the same as
you.  Why didn't they have someone more knowledgeable write the article?
Shame on them for writing such a sloppy article and for stating untruths such
as "luckily, though, there's no evidence that its incidence is on the rise in
the U.S." (referring to type I) How can they say that?  My son's middle
school last year had at least 12 children with diabetes out of 500 kids.  At
his high school this year there are many more.  I know that's not how it was
when I was his age. Why don't they do an article on the rise of type I