Re: [IP] Re: Newsweek's Cover story for Sept 4

Kevin and Everybody Else;
I couldn't agree more!  And to think Newsweek is capable of printing such
damaging misinformation.  My husband and I were so excited and happy to see
this big splashy cover on "Diabetes".  Then we started reading it in bed and
became increasingly disgusted.  Technically inaccurate, it IGNORES AND
MINIMIZES TYPE 1, and does yet more damage to the public's perception that
Type 1 diabetes is no big deal.  The fact is, it is much worse than most
cases of Type 2.  JDF's public relations person MUST respond to this crap!
Newsweek is too important of a magazine to let this go.  Also, responses from
our group wouldn't hurt either.  Everybody listen up: WRITE NEWSWEEK !