Re: [IP] A1C

> Holly Nelson wrote:
> >
> > Could someone please give me a link on how to convert A1C into mm/dl
> > numbers.  I know this is an approximate, but I would like to see a chart.  I
> > had seen one before, but have since lost track of it.  Taylor's A1C today
> > was 5.6, which is great, but it doesn't help our argument for the pump at
> > the moment.

Sorry, misunderstood the question. The approximate answer is:

formula HbA1c*33.3-86=avg glucose

This varies, however, because the lab standards are not all the same.
One lab might produce a 6, while another a 7 depending on how they
standardize their results. 5.6 is in the so-called normal range.... I
suspect that the standards for the lab in question are at the low end
of the scale. With modern equipment, they give you the results in a
couple of minutes after the drop of blood is put in the machine.