Re: [IP] How long did it take to get on the pump?

Jean-

I am glad to hear we are not the only ones who have had to jump through
hoops to get on the pump.  I know that the information and training we are
receiving, (my 10 year old daughter is the diabetic), takes so much time and
dedication from our CDE.  It is very discouraging regardless, the amount of
time needed for pump training.

We are about two to three visits aways from pumping.  Megan has been doing a
wonderful job with the record keeping and can now make insulin to carb
conversions often times in her head.  I do hope that the pump will give her
back some of things she has been missing since diabetes changed her life.
The simple joy of feeling good and enjoying what life has to offer!

Our hope is for good control, the best protection until there is a better
way.

Mary
Meg's mom

l Message -----